Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Toxin Free Body: My Favorite Personal Care Products: Part 2

Yesterday I shared some of my favorite toxin free shampoos, soaps, and toothpaste with you all. Last night I remembered a few more products that we love, and thought I'd share them too!

1) Here's our favorite toxin free floss, made by Radius:It works really well, and is easy to slide in between your teeth. It's made from silk and beeswax. Sounds luxurious, huh? I've tried other brands of natural floss, and didn't like the flat shape. Radius is a winner! You can buy it at Whole Foods, online, or at most health food stores.

2) Every soap's dream- being used with a toxin free sea sponge! We have found the best results with our beloved Miracle Soap when we use it with a natural sea sponge. It lathers beautifully, and the best part about a sea sponge is that it resists germs, unlike synthetic sponges, which are not only breeding grounds for bacteria, but are also made from petroleum byproducts.

Natural sea sponges last much longer than synthetic sponges! You can buy them at any natural foods store, or online. THe sponges pictured below are from The Natural Bath and Body Shop.

3) Lastly, here is the hair gel Mark is currently using. It is Burt's Bees Men's Hair Gel, and it works really well. Although, I have to admit that I'm currently on a hunt for some paraben, phthalate free pomade, so if you find some, do let me know! ;)Happy toxin free grooming everyone!










3 comments:

Christine said...

Trevor has been asking me to find a cologne that is safe and "neurotoxin free". Any suggestions?

Catherine said...

Christine, I'd check out Aubrey Organics: http://www.aubreyorganics.com/category.aspx?categoryID=30

They are technically aftershaves, but you can use them as colognes. (According to multiple male reviewers!) :)

I don't know of any others that are totally toxin free on the market.

BTW in answer to your previous question, I would use and recommend ALL Mercola products!!! His stuff is top of the line!

Personal Care Wholesale said...

I already try your Burt's Bees Men's Hair Gel and it works very well.