Thursday, July 29, 2010

Toxin Free Home: My Favorite Laundry Detergent

I feel like I've said this a million times on this blog, but it's true. I've tried just about every natural cleaning product, from every brand, in every category of cleaning. The same is true for laundry detergent. From some that simply didn't work too well, (I just couldn't ever get into soap nuts, I'm sorry! Maybe it was the brand I tried) to some that left less than desirable fragrances, (well I liked them, but hubby didn't) I've tried them all.

And I'm happy to report that I've found a beloved, highly effective, clean smelling favorite. I wrote about it on my post about cloth diapers, because that's how I discovered it. The brand is Biokleen, and I use their laundry liquid in Citrus.I also use, and love, their Oxygen Bleach. (This is the truly natural version of Oxi-Clean, which is not environmentally friendly OR toxin free) One time Nathaniel took his pastel blue blanket outside in the backyard, covered it with dirt, then stuck it in his water table. It was utterly filthy! Once I discovered this sad state of blanket affairs, I snatched it away and tossed it immediately in the wash- with a TON of Oxygen Bleach and the detergent. One super wash later, you couldn't tell that it had just saved a narrow escape of becoming a permanently brown blanket. I was very impressed!

You can buy it on Amazon, at Whole Foods, or check out their site for a store locator near you.

Happy natural laundering!





1 comment:

Theresa C said...

Hi there! I just found your site and LOVE it! I've been eating this way for 4 yrs now and haven't looked back :) As for the detergent post, I too love, love, love Biokleen! I use their powder and oxygen bleach. I also love their dish soap and all purpose cleaner that I buy in bulk to save $$$. Great toxin free company that is affordable on a budget :)