Thursday, July 15, 2010

Feeding Babies: Motivation to Feed Children Well

Here's some trivia for you. Did you know that in the 19th century, the average girl didn't begin puberty until age 15, and the average boy at age 17?

But today, due to our food choices, the average girl starts puberty at age 9 years, 10 months! Isn't that crazy?!

I know we've been discussing feeding babies, so I thought I'd share this article I read about this topic of early puberty, and its causes, from Dr. Mercola. I hope it helps motivate you to feed your little ones well. What you feed their bodies today has incredible ramifications on their tomorrow!

Check out the article, "Girls Now Begin Puberty at 9" by Dr. Mercola at:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/07/10/girls-now-begin-puberty-at-age-9.aspx

No comments: